Entrevista a Jason Freese en GreenDayEulogy

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Entrevista a Jason Freese en GreenDayEulogy

Mensaje por Amanda el Sáb Jul 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Hace poco lo entrevistaron en el mencionado sitio brasileño. La entrevista está disponible en inglés y en portugués. Si les va mejor en portugués que en inglés, pueden leerla aquí. Si les gusta más en inglés, bueno, aquí les copio y pego xD!
You got into Green Day in 2004 when they wanted to add a keyboard player to their line-up. Were you a fan of the band before that? How was the invitation to join their line-up and play along with them?
I have always loved Green Day! In fact I played in another band that Green Day’s manager was managing and I always bugged him to get me tickets someday to see Green Day live. It never happened though!!!! Hahahahahaha. One afternoon I received a call from their manager saying that they wanted to add a piano player to their band and wanted to meet me. So they asked me listen to the half way recorded almost demo version of some songs off of their new album, “American Idiot.” I was of course flattered and said, “YES!” I met the band at Capitol Records and heard the demos of American Idiot and Jesus Of Suburbia. I was so blown away…….I knew right then and there it was something special! So we jammed at a rehearsal studio and now here we are almost 9 years later!

On Green Day you play mainly saxophone and keyboard, besides accordion in Minority. How was your adaptation in the band?
When I originally joined the band I didn’t even tell them that I played sax for a few weeks. I didn’t know that they’d be into it so I just never brought it up. I think it was natural for the band to add a piano player at that time in their career due to the direction of American Idiot. It just worked! It is sometimes hard to play piano in a rock and roll or punk band because if you play too much or don’t play the right style……it can ruin it real quick!!! So I’m always being careful of trying to add to the music and not take away.

You’ve been playing with them since 2004. Have you noticed some evolution on the band? Would you include yourself in this evolution?
Ya, I’d say the band has evolved since I joined. They never seem to be scared of taking musical risks and I love that. That’s what keeps music exciting and to be a part of it is an awesome feeling.

How is it like touring with Green Day?
Touring is awesome. When we are together we are truly “together”. We wake up in the same places, we eat all of our meals in the same places, we travel together and we go to sleep together……(well……not literally!) We all have completely different personalities and there is a great sense of family at the same time. We all respect each other and that’s what keeps us friends at the end of the day.

And how was it like touring with Foxboro Hot Tubs?
Foxboro Hot Tubs is a whole different story! We do nothing other than play loud rock and roll and search and destroy!! Maybe to a degree that I feel we have all realized that we need to cut back on! It is a party band! We have a blast and get very little sleep. I think all of us were sick after our last tour. Foxboro is kind of the band that we all love and fear at the same time. It’s just too much fun and that’s the problem!

They’ve been to Brazil before the 2010 tour, but that was your first time with them here. How were the Brazilian fans for you? Can you tell any backstage story with them in Brazil?
That was my first time to Brazil and I fell in love!!! Two of my favorite movies are “City Of God” and “Elite Squad”……so I have always wanted to go to Brazil. It has so much culture, beautiful beaches and people!! Brazilian girls are definitely not hard to look at! I came home and told my friends and family about how passionate people in Brazil are about music and how they camp outside our hotels singing our songs all through the night. I was blown away at the dedication the fans had. I loved it! Everyone was so nice and generous as well.

You are a motorcycles fan and you told in an old interview that you love checking the bikes when you’re on tour. Did you check them when you were in Brazil?
Yes, I always check out all the motorcycles no matter where I am! It drives the guys in the band nuts I think. That’s all I do on my laptop all day in the dressing room. Then when we are out on the town, I am always checking out bikes. Sometimes we bring our own motorcycles out on the road. We all have a ton of motorcycles at home including the guys on our crew. I have bought and sold 4 in the last month…..so I guess you could say that I am a pretty obsessed with them!

On the last tour of “21st CB” we could hear a saxophone solo in Static Age that’s not included in the studio version. Was it your idea?
Haha……I don’t remember who’s idea it was. I think it was Billie’s. We tried it at a rehearsal and it just worked. Playing the sax in a punk band can be either really cool or not fitting at all. So it is kind of a tight rope act knowing where to fit it in. But when it works…….it’s a really cool vibe.

In recent interview to Rolling Stone, Rob Cavallo said that they don’t hear a gazillion parts on the music for Uno!, Dos! and Tré!, and that the majority of this is drums, bass, two guitars and vocals. So, can we expect your collaboration on the trilogy albuns as well? What about the tour, are you still in?
Yes, I’m still in. We are rehearsing in California right now and it’s sounding great! We are really excited about the new albums! The production is very minimal. It is kind of a back to basics album. Just pure kick ass!!!

Speaking of which, how’s the tour going to work since there are three albums to be released in different months?
I don’t know right now how the tour is going to be spaced. A lot of it is being booked as we speak. Only time will tell. But you can guarantee that we’ll be out for a long time!

You’ve collaborated with more than 50 artists. Is there any artists that you would love to play or to record with but haven’t had the opportunity yet?
You know……that is a great question, but it’s one that I’ve really never thought of. I’m so happy with where I am musically in my career being in Green Day that I don’t really think of other outside opportunities. There are a lot of great bands and artists out there that I’m sure would be fun to play with but I’m happy to be where I am and plan on being here for a long time. At this point it’s a family!

Can you tell us a little bit more about your current projects?
I have just finished a side solo project called “Watershow” that I have done with my brother. I’m not sure when I’ll put it out but it was just something that I always wanted to do. Just another thing to cross off my bucket list.

Premios 2012:

Amanda
Stray Heart
Stray Heart

Femenino Mensajes : 22742

http://panicoverbal.blogspot.com

Re: Entrevista a Jason Freese en GreenDayEulogy

Mensaje por NaturalxDisaster el Sáb Jul 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Ohhh, es muy bello WUB Me encanta, me encanta, hicieron preguntas muy interesantes, y Jason me parece muy genial *-* Hablaron del solo en Static Age! xD O sea, realmente funcionó... Con ese solo puedo amar la canción tranquilamente *-* problemas mentales míos, tranqui (?) xD Es re tierno, siempre que vemos entrevistas a cualquiera de ellos se destaca lo unidos que son, y eso siempre me pone re feliz WUB Es bueno saber cómo se entienden y que hay Green Day para rato, y que wiiii, más emoción para ¡UNODOSTRÉ! WOOT xD Really nice, epic as fuck (?) Smile

BlogTwitter •  TumblrFacebook

Teams, awards and more stuff...
Casada por Whatser, con Renacuajo Tripolar, Lau y Gisse

I wanted you, you wanted ME...

NaturalxDisaster
Moderador
Moderador

Femenino Mensajes : 10720

http://charlatansxsaints.blogspot.com

Mensaje por Laau ♥ el Sáb Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Jason WUB

Siempre quise ir a un recital de los Foxboro u.u.

Laau ♥
Basket Case
Basket Case

Femenino Mensajes : 4725

Mensaje por Amanda el Sáb Jul 14, 2012 11:33 pm

si venían los foxboro el 2010, mataba a alguien, porque no me habrían dejado entrar... AHORA SÍ! WOOT Laughing

Premios 2012:

Amanda
Stray Heart
Stray Heart

Mensaje por Laau ♥ el Sáb Jul 14, 2012 11:36 pm

A mi todavía no me dejarían Sad

A menos que... (???????).

Laau ♥
Basket Case
Basket Case

Femenino Mensajes : 4725

Mensaje por NaturalxDisaster el Dom Jul 15, 2012 5:32 pm

AHORA SOMOS TODOS GRANDES ACÁ! Very Happy (?)
Lau, si fuera en Argentina, de alguna forma pasarías (?) xDD

BlogTwitter •  TumblrFacebook

Teams, awards and more stuff...
Casada por Whatser, con Renacuajo Tripolar, Lau y Gisse

I wanted you, you wanted ME...

NaturalxDisaster
Moderador
Moderador

Femenino Mensajes : 10720

http://charlatansxsaints.blogspot.com

Mensaje por Amanda el Dom Jul 15, 2012 5:47 pm

en todo caso, me tinca que por estos lados sureños la seguridad no será tanta xD

Premios 2012:

Amanda
Stray Heart
Stray Heart

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado Hoy a las 6:51 pm

Contenido patrocinado

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba